Skip to main content

The Perfect Rice

I often get asked how to cook rice so here is my method for cooking perfect fluffy rice. I saw this method many years ago on a UK food show called 'Come dine with me' and have cooked rice this way ever since.

Firstly lets start with the rice. I always use easy cook rice. It doesn't matter what brand or type of rice, whichever you prefer.

When cooking rice the ratio is always 1 rice 2 water. As simple as that!
Add 1 mug of rice and 2 mugs of water to saucepan. Add salt if desired.

Bring to the boil & when boiling furiously cover with 2 pieces of kitchen towel. Pop the lid on to make a tight seal and turn the heat down to the lowest.

DONT TOUCH! Leave alone for 15 minutes then turn off the heat. Come back after another 5 minutes and you will have perfect fluffy rice.

 

Comments